Our Neighbors, Our City is a group that meets monthly (typically the first Monday of each month) to discuss issues surrounding racism. This is a group that dares to become vulnerable and humble with one another. We ask tough questions, wrestle, and grow together. We hope you will join us as we seek to prayerfully explore how we can embody God’s kingdom vision for our community, our city, and our world.
Resources on the topic of race
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- White Rage by Carol Anderson Ph.D.
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates
- Stamped from the Beginning by Ibram Kendi
- When Affirmative Action was White by Ira Katznelson
- Waking Up White by Debbie Irving
- Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- And Still We Rise by Miles Corwin
- Dear White Christian by Aaron Layton
- The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander and Cornell West
- March by John Lewis (graphic novel)
Ferguson’s Fault Lines: The Race Quake That Rocked a Nation –