Please check out our Returning to Worship page for the latest information.
If you are new to Good Shepherd, here are some of the things you can expect:
- Handicap parking spots and an accessible entrance are available at the north side of the church.
- A friendly greeter at the entrances to the Narthex (lobby area) who will welcome you and answer any questions you may have.
- Welcome Center- This is the place for our church announcements, newsletters, brochures, church map, and welcome packets and is located in the Narthex.
- Welcome packets- Please pick up a welcome packet at the counter by the north doors or by the welcome banner near the south doors of the Narthex.
- Activity bags for children are available at the entrance of the Sanctuary to keep young children occupied during services.
- Large print bulletins are available. Please ask an usher as you walk in to the Sanctuary.
Our services are usually 50-60 minutes in length with the sermon being 15 to 20 minutes.
9:00 am Traditional | 11:00 am Contemporary
When you enter the Sanctuary you will be greeted and will receive a bulletin. The bulletin includes the order of service and announcements of upcoming events.
Good Shepherd welcomes all to Holy Communion. Anyone who does not wish to receive communion is invited to come forward for a blessing. If you are unable to come forward, please let an usher know and the servers will bring communion to you. Please tell the Communion server if you need a gluten-free wafer.
Children are always welcome at all of our services. If you choose, we have complimentary child care available during all worship services for children 5 years and younger. It is a welcoming, safe, and Christ-centered environment for our youngest members. The Nursery is located at the northwest corner of the building and can be reached by going through the first hallway by the north entrance. Please sign-in with the nursery attendant.
Sunday morning education is available for everyone, ages 2 and up, from 9:30-10:40am:
Ages 2-5th Grade
Preschool & Kindergarten classes begin in their classrooms.
1st-5th grades begin in Room 150, then proceed to weekly rotation classrooms.
Middle School (6-8th grade)
Students meet in “The Middle” (Room 147) for a large group opening, break out into grade level sessions, and then wrap up as a group at closing.
Students meet in the FLY Room (Room 106/107).
Sunday Adult Education
Sunday Morning Bible Study meets in Room 108
Sunday Morning Topical Class meets in Room 205
Milestones are celebrated for different age levels throughout the year. Parents are invited to attend Sunday School with their child(ren) as we prepare for these milestones. A celebration of the milestone will be held during worship service. Some of the Milestones we celebrate include:
Little Lambs – Welcome to Sunday School for 2-year-olds / Little Lambs Bible
First Grade – Introduction to the Small Catechism / Learn The Lord’s Prayer
Third Grade – Books of the Bible Overview
Fourth Grade – First Communion
Sixth Grade – Welcome to Middle School / Confirmation Instruction begins
Eighth Grade – Confirmation / Affirmation of Baptism Celebration in the spring!
Children in Worship Opportunities!
Children and youth in all age levels have the opportunity to participate in or lead worship service several times throughout the year … either through large group music, reading, greeting or serving as acolyte and cross-bearer!
Questions? Want to know more about Good Shepherd? Call the church office (636) 391-6685.