Intergenerational Mission Trip Guatemala
July 11-18, 2020 Postponed until Summer 2023. Dates TBA.
CLICK HERE to register!
We will work with Praying Pelican Missions who partner with local churches. They listen closely to the gifts and desires of the traveling church, and the needs of the local church to ensure a fruitful partnership. As this process takes time to discern, Praying Pelican determine our exact assignment location as we get closer to the trip.
This trip is open to adults and to youth who will have completed 6th grade by June 2020. We encourage both families and individuals to join us!
• Housing: We will be floor-sleeping in a secure church, school or community center.
• Food: Our meals will be prepared by local church members that understand the needs of safe, healthy food and
• Current estimated cost for trip, including travel: $1,550 – $1,800
• With estimated fundraising results, estimated cost to participant: $1,300 – $1,500
• Part of the cost of the trip pays for the building materials that we will use and also pays the local craftsmen that will be supervising the construction.
• A deposit of $200 per participant is due by Oct. 1, 2019. This deposit is nonrefundable, but it is transferrable to another Praying Pelican trip.
• The balance of trip payments are due by May15, 2020.
• The last date to cancel an individual reservation and receive a refund for fees paid (except for $200 initial deposit and airline fees) would be May 15, 2020.
Cost of the trip will cover:
• Registration fee to Praying Pelicans,
• All in-country food
• Transportation costs
• Cross-cultural training
• Construction materials
• Super-Cool Mission t-shirt
Additional out-of-pocket expenses may include:
• Passport fees
• Personal souvenir expenses
• Exit fees
• Any hotel cost if we need to arrive early or stay later due to flight schedules.
Tentative payment schedule (per person):
October 1, 2019 – $200
January 15, 2020 – $400
March 15, 2020 – $400
May 15, 2020 – $400*
NOTE: *This last payment could be reduced depending on airfare and fundraising efforts.
LAST DATE TO CANCEL INDIVIDUAL REGISTRATION AND RECEIVE PRAYING PELICAN FUNDS BACK (other than the $200 initial deposit) IS WHEN FLIGHTS HAVE BEEN BOOKED. There may be some airfare penalties for cancellation, depending on carrier and time of cancellation IF cancelled after flights have been booked.